Friday, June 4, 2010

Notes for June 4th

  • Jupiter is getting beat up.  But that's kinda cool to see.
  • Ever get hit by a golf ball?  Feels pretty hard doesn't it?  Apparently they aren't all that hard when propelled into a steel plate.  Anyone know if this video is legit?
  • That sinkhole in guatemala is scary huh?  Apparently "sinkhole" is the wrong word though.  When I first saw this I knew I'd seen it somewhere before.  Turns out it was in the same city.  Yikes.
  • Mongoose traditions.  A pretty good name for a punk band, all things considered.
  • Big fundamental question in ecology:  How many species are there?  Or, more specifically, how many arthropods?  And how do we know that.
  • Although this post lies far outside my typical interests, it is too funny to ignore.
  • If you're not interested in reading about how hyenas ate Homo erectus brains...well...this article might not be for you.  (although I do recommend almost everything at Laelaps)

No comments: