Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Notes for June 16

  • Land-locked seals.  Something else I didn't know existed.
  • The occurrence of development adjacent to land designated for conservation.  Apparently everyone wants a house that buts up to a 'protected' area.  I suspect most of those people failed to realize what they were getting themselves into.
  • The elimination of wolves caused a reduction in beaver dams.  Ecology is awesome, and top predators are possibly the most amazing drivers of ecosystems out there.
  • Distribution models....I have a feeling these are about to become the bane of my existence.
  • I was looking at the wikipedia page on living fossils the other day and thinking to myself "This makes absolutely no sense."  Glad to see someone else has the same thought.

No comments: