Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Notes of the Day:

  • Free online version of "The Taste Makers" book, which seems like it could be cool, if you're a foodie like me who constantly wonders about the origins of food.  Haven't had a chance to read it yet.  Linked from the ECOLOG Listserv.
  • Map of the thickness of the Earth's Crust (awesome!).
  • Asteroid collisions?  Or something?  I don't know, haven't gotten to this yet.
  • This is why I stand at my desk:  Sitting is not good exercise.  Standing isn't great, but it is a heck of a lot better.  Let me tell you, if I could figure out how to put a treadmill under my desk, I would totally do it.
  • This article on the effect of trout on birds is pretty cool looking.  I say cool looking, because I can't read it (no open access?).  

No comments: